Apple brown butter pastry tart
While everyone are into the pumpkin season already, I’m still enjoying the apples. If you are looking for an easy recipe with the most crispy and sweet apples – I got you! I have prepared absolutely amazing recipe for you guys and it won’t take more than 1 hour to make it! It is that easy! Sunday breakfast? Or maybe afternoon baking with friends? The apple brown butter pastry tart is easy and totally a winner for a quick dessert! ❤️️
Not gonna lie, when I made this tart and by the way it was 9:00PM! We ate a huge piece and didn’t feel sorry about it 😄 It was really hard not to try it right after I pulled it out from the oven because it smelled incredibly delicious! All the best flavors are in one tart. Flaky puff pastry, sweet apples, nutty brown butter (yam!), maple syrup, cinnamon and cardamom spices. I mean… does can be anything better?! And if you have a vanilla ice cream in your freezer, which I didn’t 😒 you know what to do 😉 This is how my Autumn smells and tastes like.
Servings: 1 large apple tart
Cooking time: 1 hour
- two puff pastry sheets, 1.1 lbs
- 3 apples, such honeycrisp
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- egg yolk for egg wash
- Preheat the oven at 375F and line up one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine two puff pastry sheets and roll it up into rectangular. Transfer it to the baking sheet and set aside.
- On a low medium heat in a small sauce pan melt butter, reduce the heat on low and continue to cook the butter until it will has a nice nutty brown color. Strain the butter through the sieve. Meanwhile slice the apples thinly and put them on top of puff pastry.
- Add in the maple syrup, cinnamon and cardamom into the brown butter and stir well. Drizzle the apples with brown butter. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash and send it to the oven for about 30 minutes or until it reaches a golden brown color.
- Cool it down for a little bit and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.