Cheddar jalapeno waffles and a fried egg
I’m a big fan of savory waffles. I would say, I’m addicted to them, lol! I love them more than any sweet waffles loaded with all the berries and fruits. Seriously, there is nothing better than the savory waffles. You can serve them not just for breakfast with an egg but it also works perfectly for lunch too! I would skip the dinner just because it’s too good and hard to stop eating them, hah))
If you love the chicken and waffles combo, this recipe will be perfect for ya! I never really enjoy it because I think it’s too heavy even for brunch 🙂 But I do love eat my portion of waffles with a fried or poached egg. The recipe I’m gonna share below, has everything I love! Cheddar cheese, jalapeño for a little spicy twist, herbs and spices and a fried egg. Yam! I mean, this is the best breakfast ever!
You can easily prepare the waffle batter the night before cooking, put it into the fridge and pull out 15 minutes before cooking in the morning. The batter will be very thick, that’s totally fine. This is how it should be. While you are making your coffee, waffle maker will do all your job. You will just need to enjoy them after 🙂 I love this crispy texture from the outside and super soft loaded with lots of flavors on the inside.
I’m telling you, everyone is gonna enjoy this breakfast. Because it’s simple yet extremely delicious. It’s so hard to stop eating them. By the way, I’m having the waffle right now, while writing this blog post, lol 🙂
You can also sauté some mushrooms and serve them with this waffles. I was actually going to do this but then I realized, that I’m out of the mushrooms. Chanterelles (when it’s a season) or shiitake will work so good with the waffles! But, you can use any mushrooms you love. Not a big deal 🙂 Add some greens such as arugula or baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado and you are gonna have the best breakfast! There are so many options that you can play with. Ok guys, I’m sharing the recipe with you and hope you’ll enjoy it on your weekend!
Servings: 4 large round waffles
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Half of jalapeno, diced
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- In a large mixing bowl whisk 2 large eggs with a pinch of sea salt. Stir in the milk and whisk well. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, paprika, coriander and pepper. Add in the egg and milk mixture and stir all ingredients until incorporated.
- Add the chopped jalapeño, sun dried tomatoes, parsley and cheese. Mix all ingredients with the spatula. Slowly pour the olive oil.
- Preheat the waffle maker and make the waffles according to an instructions.
- Meanwhile make the over medium fried eggs and serve with hot waffles.