Cranberry orange muffins
Tis the season…
Christmas is around a corner and I truly love this time of the year. It is the most comfort season. The season when you enjoy lots of time in a warm house with your family eating and talking, when you buy small gifts for your beloved ones, this time when the kitchen smells like holiday everyday. I can’t wait to buy a huge Christmas tree and decorate it with my favorite ornaments soon 🙂 Are you crazy about these small rituals too? I really enjoy this process and every year, when I start to decorate Christmas tree on the weekend, my husband turns Sinatra’s winter music on our turntable and I think it’s the best part of it! Then we put some of the small gifts under the tree for our family and friends. Aw, you know what I also love? Candies! All the candies on Christmas, that’s why we buy so many candies every year to each other. haha 🙂 but it’s really awesome to wake up early in the morning and walk to the Christmas tree in cozy pajama, just like a kid, to grab one candy, or maybe two :)) Anyway, the whole season is a pure magic for me…
Winter food is the most delicious food for me. Because it always tastes like home. It’s a pure magic when you combine very simple ingredients, such as orange zest, cinnamon, cardamom into a silky batter for your future cake. The flavors are so good that you can barely stop cooking everyday 🙂
So, Christmas is so close, I want to share some of the festive recipes with you guys, so you can enjoy all of them during this magical season with your friends or family.
These cranberry orange muffins are so easy to make but yet very delicious and truly winter dessert. I love this season when you can buy fresh cranberries in a grocery store, nothing is better! Especially when you combine them with oranges. Yum!
The muffins are so fluffy and moist. I substituted half of the sugar for maple syrup and it turned our especially delicious! I prefer to make my muffins lightly sour, rather than too sweet, but you can always add more sugar or any other sweetener, if needed 🙂 but for me this recipe is just the way I like it.
Servings: 9 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ½ tbsp irish cream liqueur
- ¾ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Zest from one orange
- Juice from half orange
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Put the muffin paper cups into the prepared muffin baking pan, set aside.
- In a stand mixer whisk butter with brown sugar and maple syrup until pale. Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat on a medium-high for 2 minutes. Stir in the milk, irish cream liqueur, orange zest and juice.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Gently add in the egg batter and mix until everything combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cranberries into the batter and mix with wooden or rubber spatula.
- Pure the batter into prepared paper cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out dry.
- Cool down for 20-30 minutes before serving.