Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry Cream Cheese and White Chocolate Frosting
I love cupcakes. All of them! These small cute mini cakes make me happy, seriously! It is so much fun to make them, and you can mix and match all the flavors you know. Berry cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache frosting, vanilla with strawberries, or carrot cupcakes with cream cheese and salted caramel! I mean… how many days in a row I can eat cupcakes?! I’m kinda thinking, everyday? :))
I was so excited to make cupcakes with pink frosting and this idea was in my head for a couple days and I finally came home from work and started to bake them. I was inspired by Spring season even if it’s still not really warm in Denver and the trees are still naked, anyway, I wanted to make something that remind me about Spring season.
So, I was thinking about pink color on my cupcakes. Recently I bought freeze-dried raspberries, which are incredible and I love them so much! I made a powder with them and the color was just A-MA-ZI-NG! Super bright and veeeery pink!
So, I was really crazy about this pink thing, that’s why there was no doubt how I’m gonna make them pink! Did I mention, that it’s gonna be the pink cupcakes??? )))
The recipe is so simple but it’s probably one of my best cupcake recipes so far!! The cupcakes were so fluffy, moist and soft! Aw, and this cream cheese and white chocolate frosting with dried raspberries.. Oh, gosh, I was literally in heaven!
I decided to bake vanilla cupcakes because it was all about the cream frosting. I’m pretty sure that you will love that recipe a lot, cause it’s very delicious and easy to make at the same time. And this is what we need, right?! Easy and delicious! You can bake them to any occasion, either it’s a birthday party, Valentine’s Day or Easter! Yep, Happy Easter, by the way guys! I think it will perfectly match to an Easter brunch! So yeah, grab all the ingredients you need, spend about 45 minutes in the kitchen and voila! You have perfect dessert for your friends and family!
Serves: 9 cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4.5 oz of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 8 oz of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 oz of white chocolate (melted)
- 2 to 4 tbsp powdered sugar (depending on how much sweet do you want)
- 1 tbsp of freeze-dried powdered raspberries
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven in 375F. Fold the pan with muffin paper cups. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer beat the butter with sugar until pale and soft, for about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time with about 1 minute of interval between them. Beat the egg mixture well. Add vanilla extract.
- Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl combine flour and baking powder. Stir a half of flour into egg mixture, then add milk and then flour again. Mix until just incorporated.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375F for 5 minutes, then turn it down to a 350F and bake for another 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out dry.
- In a standing mixer beat the cream cheese with powdered sugar, vanilla extract and raspberry powder until smooth. You can add as many raspberry powder, as you want. The more you add, the darker and brighter the color will be.
- Stir cream cheese in melted chocolate and mix well with rubber spatula. Put the frosting in a pastry bag and pipe it into a muffins. Sprinkle with additional raspberry powder. It will be better to let them seat in a fridge for at least one hour.